Writing for kids is fun and rewarding–if you can break into the fiercely competitive world of children’s book publishing. With this guide, you’ll learn how to write and promote a children’s book that will impress any publisher. Whether you have a basic idea or a manuscript ready to go, you’ll find all you need to build a successful career as a children’s book author.
This clear and concise guide helps you:
- Formulate an original idea, create an outline, and write the book
- Learn the basics of children’s storytelling, from point of view to story pacing
- Find helpful writing workshops and conferences
- Design a winning book proposal, get an agent, and negotiate a contract
- Create a marketing and publicity plan
- Use professional and social networking sites to promote your book
Full of eye-opening insider information and invaluable writing advice, this book should be on every aspiring author’s bookshelf!
Author: Luke Wallin,Eva Sage Gordon
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Genre: Language Arts & Disciplines / Composition & Creative Writing
Date Published: 2011-01-18
Preview Link: Google Preview Link